Rainy Season Destinations in India
Aha, monsoon! While this may dampen the enthusiasm of some people, for others, it paints India in a vibrant new colour. Lush greenery bursts from the parched land, waterfalls tumble from emerald hills, and the air resonates with an intoxicating earthy aroma. If you’re looking for a unique and invigorating travel experience, consider embracing the monsoons in India. But where to go amid heavy rain? Don’t worry, because I have compiled a list of picturesque destinations that come alive under the monsoon sky:
1. Kerala : Imagine gliding through emerald canals, the gentle patter of rain on your palm fronds, and lush green paddy fields stretching as far as the eye can see. The backwaters of Kerala, especially Alappuzha and Kumarakom, turn into a fairy tale land during monsoons. Take a trip in a traditional houseboat, enjoy fresh seafood and watch local life pulsate with the rhythm of the rain.
2. Meghalaya (Cherrapunji, Shillong): Do you want to taste the wettest place on earth? Cherrapunji (Sohra) in Meghalaya, with its waterfalls and cloud-kissed hills, is a must-see for monsoon lovers. Witness the power of the Nohkalikai Falls, hike through misty trails and discover hidden caves shrouded in the magic of the monsoon. Shillong, the capital, comes alive with vibrant street life and local festivals during this season.
3. Coorg (Karnataka): Located in the Western Ghats, the hills and coffee plantations of Coorg turn into a breathtaking emerald paradise during monsoons. Breathe in the fresh, misty air, walk through rain-washed paths and enjoy the warm hospitality of the Coorgi people. Don’t miss the cascading Iruppu Falls and the breathtaking Abbey Falls.
4. Munnar (Kerala): Munnar, with its vast tea plantations and misty hills, becomes a dreamy paradise during monsoons. Watch the clouds dance among the rolling hills, see the dramatic rise of Anamudi Peak through the mist, and pamper yourself with an Ayurvedic spa treatment. Don’t miss the Kundala Dam and Eravikulam National Park for a truly enriching experience.
5. Darjeeling (West Bengal): The “Queen of the Hills” takes on a new charm during monsoons. The iconic toy train ride through rain-washed hills is an unforgettable experience. View the majestic Kangchenjunga peak emerging from the clouds, explore charming markets selling local handicrafts, and enjoy a hot cup of Darjeeling tea.
Plan your Rainy Season Destinations in India Tour with Seven Destination:
While the beauty of monsoon is undeniable, it requires expertise to navigate. That’s where Seven Destination, a leading tour agency specializing in India travel, comes in. Their team of passionate travel advisors can design a special monsoon itinerary that meets your interests and preferences, ensuring a safe and unforgettable experience.
Seven Destination can help you choose the right destination based on rainfall patterns, accessibility during rains and unique monsoon experiences. They can also arrange a comfortable stay in eco-friendly resorts, homestays or even houseboats, keeping you close to the epicenter of the monsoon magic.
So, leave the umbrellas and embrace the lovely tune of the raindrops! India’s monsoon destinations await, promising an unforgettable adventure amid lush green landscapes, cascading waterfalls and a unique cultural experience. And with Seven Destination, you can easily brave the rain and make the most of this extraordinary season.
Remember, monsoon isn’t for everyone. Be prepared for occasional travel disruptions, power outages, and unpredictable weather. But for those who love adventure, India’s rainy season offers a unique and unforgettable travel experience.
I hope this information helps you plan your ideal monsoon adventure in India! Let the rain wash away your worries and immerse yourself in the vibrant beauty of this incredible country.